The ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) software selection process requires careful consideration in terms of system functionality, suitability, practicality and of course it must be user friendly. However what isn’t so obvious, but equally as important, is to find the right ERP provider of Sage 200 or Sage 300.
ERP software requires a partnership between your organisation and your supplier. One of the appeals of ERP is how it can be built to your specific business requirements, which can and often do change as your business grows. For example diversifying into new markets, new employees starting etc. A successful long term partnership should be your ultimate goal to keep your systems running to their full potential.
We believe it is vital to question, not just which software such as Sage 200 or Sage 300 but also which ERP partner?
- Does the work ethic and culture of your potential ERP partner suit your business?
- How well have they dealt with your enquiry? Have they answered all your questions promptly?
- How accommodating were they to changes throughout your ERP selection process?
- Do they fully understand your requirements?
- Will they be able to match and even exceed them going forward?
We would always recommend that you not only look at how efficiently they have evaluated your specific business processes, but also take a look at their knowledge and experience of ERP Implementations.
- Have they got clients in your sector or in a similar sector you can ask for recommendations?
- Do they have additional skills you can benefit from? For example can they develop add-on customisations to suit your needs?
- Every ERP project is different, how well suited are they to finding solutions for your requirements?
Essentially when it comes to ERP products such as Sage 200 and Sage 300, the people you choose to work with are paramount to a successful project; it’s not all about the software.